Volunteers are an important part of the Western Foundation. Their efforts help us grow and serve researchers and others in the community. They also have the opportunity to experience museum tasks and projects that many people never have the opportunity to, such as those listed below:
- Preparing bird study skins
- Checking the bird collections for pests
- Computerizing study skin, egg, and teaching collection data
- Reorganizing the broken egg collection
- Cataloging and shelving library books
- Computerizing the library book collection
- Entering and shelving library journals
- Assisting with tours
- Photocopying requested journal articles
- Assisting at outreach events such as fairs and expos
- Reorganizing and computerizing the fieldnotes collection
- Entering reprint articles into the database
- Reorganizing the library collections
- Reorganizing the map collection
Our Volunteers lend more than 1000 hours each year, and allow the WFVZ to move forward on all kinds of collection projects.
A BIG THANK YOU to all of our volunteers for all of their hard work & dedication!
If you are interested in becoming a WFVZ volunteer, please contact us!